Monday, September 1, 2014

There Is No Medicine Like Hope


There are several reasons I'm writing this series of blogs, but perhaps one of the most important is to bring attention to a cause that is very important to me.

So, before I get started on telling my story I wanted to make sure you have all the information about the Run of Hope.

The Run of Hope is an annual fundraiser for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation which supports the groundbreaking research being done at the Olson lab at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.

This year it is my goal for my team, Sammy's Blogslayers, to raise $5000 to celebrate me being cancer free for five years.

Event info:
5K Run/ 3K Walk
Sunday September 28 at 10 AM
Seward Park, Seattle

Please support this very important cause by joining my team or donating. Every bit counts to make a difference in the lives of children with cancer.




Mischief Managed,
Sammy

To learn more about the research being done at Dr. Olson’s lab visit:

Dr, Olson’s Ted Talk (highly recommended): https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7IWMJhg2Zlc

Research funded by PBTF

Project Violet:



No comments:

Post a Comment