Monday, August 25, 2014

Time to Tell the Whole Story


Starting September 1st I will be posting a blog every day for a month telling the story of my experience with cancer. On CaringBridge my family and I posted the basics of what was happening while I was on treatment, mostly general updates. You can tell I was having a bad day if I asked my mom to write. I never wanted anyone to feel bad for me or know I was having a difficult time.

I’ve decided to write this series of blogs for a few reasons:
  
-        September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and what better way to spread awareness than to share my own story.

-          I was inspired by my friend Patrick Betters who writes so openly and emotionally about his experience with cancer. To read Patrick’s beautiful posts please visit: http://clubcancerblog.org/  

-          October 29th marks the big one in cancer birthdays. This year will be my 5th year cancer free! Thinking about this significant milestone has made me to reflect on my experience with cancer and I’m ready to tell my full story.

-        The Run of Hope (5K run/ 3K walk) supporting Pediatric Brain Tumor Research is on September 28th and I can raise support for this important cause through my blog. 
To join my team (Sammy's Blobslayers) or donate visit: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/sammy-loch/2014

Feel free to comment on the posts. I’d love to hear your feedback.


Mischief Managed, 
Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment