Saturday, September 25, 2010

The End of The End of The End

Finishing chemo was the end.
A clean MRI was the end of the end.
Yesterday, I got my port-a-cath removed and that was the end, of the end, of the end. The procedure lasted about half an hour and had no complications except for delays in start time. Our check-in time was 12:30, my operation didn't start until 3:00 pm. I am a little sore but am so happy to finally reach the real end of all of this; almost 11 months to the day that I was diagnosed.

I am very grateful to be cured, but many children are not so lucky. There is still so much research to be done when it comes to pediatric brain cancer. On Sunday October 3rd my family is participating in the 2010 Run of Hope benefiting pediatric brain cancer research at Seattle Children's Hospital. They gave me my life back and I want to be able to give something back by supporting the latest research. I know many of you have already donated to The Seattle Brain Cancer Walk that we participated in back in June. I am very grateful for your support. Please do not feel obligated to donate again. If you are interested in donating to the 2010 Run of Hope please click on the link below to pay by credit card only.

http://www.firstgiving.com/sammyloch1

If you would like to make a donation by check, please send it to the following address and specify that it goes to my team "Sammy's Blob Slayers".

Pediatric Brain Tumor Research Fund
PO Box 9784
Seattle, WA 98109


Thank you all once again for your continued support.

Mischief Managed,
Sammy

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS SAMMY!!! It must feel amazing to close the book on this crazy chapter of your life. I'm so happy for you and hope maybe sometime in the near future we'll be able to have another scrabble game!! :)

    -Carley-

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS SAMMY!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you!!!!! You are always in my prayers!

    Take care,
    Helen (Expeditors - Charlotte)

    ReplyDelete