Saturday, September 11, 2010

Exhausted but Content

Who knew school could be so physically exhausting. Even though I came home completely worn out everyday this week I am so proud that I made it through . Being back at school has been a dream. Walking into the theater room felt like I had made it home. Seeing familiar faces. Talking about things completely unrelated to anything medical. Finally I am doing what kids my age are supposed to be doing.

Hopefully this week will be a little bit easier. With the promise of increasing homework I am hoping that I'll be less tired when I get home. Hopefully each day my leg will swell and hurt less. But in the words of the Beatles "It's getting better all the ti-iii-iii-iii-me!"

This week I have also seen how wonderful the Seattle community is. During my June chemo cycle I had a roommate who was just being diagnosed. His name is John (AKA Little John), he is a three year-old from Montana. His family has been staying at the Ronald McDonald house and this week their truck was stolen from the outside of the building. The media coverage of the event has born an enormous amount of support from the community.

Visit John's caringbridge: www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnhartle

If you are wondering about the background change on my blog, I am going gold all September long for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.


Mischief Managed,

SAMMY



Countdown to GLEE: 10 days

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    I'm so glad your life is relatively 'normal' now. Sounds like your first week of school was a doozy, but well worth all your effort. You will get stronger and stronger as the days go by and your brain cells will multiply! :D

    I'm so sorry about Little John and his family. It's really cruddy their truck was stolen, but I'm glad they're getting positive feedback from a 'pit in your stomach' experience.

    Take care kiddo and keep plugging along as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Samma Lamma,
    Glad to read that school went well for you this week. I know you will do great!! Any return to normalcy is comforting as I know you very well know!! Keep taking care of you and keep those spirits up and smile shining!!
    Love you 'Lots!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know things will never be the same, but I'm so happy you are back to semi-normalcy. I love that you are keeping us posted on how things are going while you're moving back into world at large. Praying for your strength and happiness.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete