Sunday, October 3, 2010

Can't Wait 'til Next Year!!!






Today was the 2nd Annual Run of Hope benefiting Pediatric Brain Tumor Research Fund There were 1,700 people participating in this year's 5K run/ 3K walk and $200,000 was raised for vital research. It was an amazing experience meeting other families, hearing their stories and connecting with their journeys. I also got to see my medical team. It was fun to see them out of the hospital and cheer them on as they crossed the finish line. (Their team is called Joggin' for the Noggin)
Because of my knee and Mom's foot, we weren't able to walk, so we volunteered instead. We helped run the kid fun table before the event. It was a blast: handing out cookies, blowing off rocket balloons, applying temporary tattoos and watching kids chase bubbles. I can't wait for next year when I will be out there walking!
My team, Sammy's Blob Slayers, raised $1,300. Brandon and Dad were the walkers for our team. Next year I want to have a super big amazing awesome team of blob slayers! This year's largest team was 250 people who collectively raised $50,000.
Thank you everyone who donated to this event and the brain cancer walk I participated in in June. Every dollar helps to support life saving research.
Mischief Managed,
SAMMY LOCH

2 comments:

  1. Once you know the date for next year, let me know and I'll come run for your team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally that would be so fun!!!! xxoxoxooxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete